Thistles and Bees

I went out walking yesterday morning at the local Antique Market, then spent time some time downtown on the waterfront with my youngest daughter and her boyfriend watching the jet skit races.  So after a hot day out my hubby and I had a late dinner downtown on the waterfront at the local Irish pub and ended the day with a walk on the waterfront.

I hadn't had time to play with my inks this past week, so once I got home I spent some late night hours at my art desk.  Even though I used lots of products while playing, I managed to keep everything fairly neat and put away as I worked.  After a major cleaning a couple of weeks back, I've been trying to make an effort to put things in their place when I'm done.  Just a few more things to put away and it will be all tidy (for the most part).
I hate trying to photograph anything that has a shimmer mist sprayed on it.  I have the hardest time getting all the colors and shimmer to show without the shimmer being way too bright and wiping out the other depth and layers of other colors.  You certainly can't use a flash...though I tried,  LOL!  I ended up waiting until this morning and photographing it in natural light...but even so the light wanted to bounce off the card and shimmer. This picture doesn't really show the depth of color the card really has...but you get the general idea.
I think next time I'll dig out the Staz-On black ink, because the Mememto wants to fade into the shimmered background and I really wanted it to be a more pronounced.  Oh well...next time.


Here's the list of products that I used for this card:

Tim Holtz Mask - the Spider Web
Twinkling H2O Shimmer Mist in Bamboo
Sheer Shimmer Spritz by ImagineCrafts
Walmut Ink Antiquing Mist in Cherry Blossom and Walnut, by Tsukineko
Ditress Inks in Wild Honey and Peeled Paint and blending tool
Thistle Stamp by Just For Fun
Vine Stamp by Posh Impressions
Bee Stamp by Just for Fun
Peerless Watercolors and my waterbrush to add color to the flowers and bees
Glossy Accents to highlight the flower and bees
Recollections Bling
Gold Foil Sticker paper colored with Adirondack Alcohol Inks
Tim Holtz Lace Die
Mister of water
Memento Black Ink

Comments

Helena said…
Very pretty. You do such wonderful projects!
Barb said…
This is fabulous, really liking your style.
Carol said…
This is a fab project. I find photo of glimmer mist hard. Thank you for joining my site.
Sue said…
I really love this piece - it is so pretty and the colours are gorgeous. Thanks for your comments on my blog. I have enjoyed looking at your work. Sx

Popular posts from this blog

I Sing the Song of my People...

Tim Holtz -Tag Tags of 2013

Mixing it Up loves Cottonwood Arts