12 Tags of 2012

May - Sewing Mends the Soul...


Finally completed my May Tag following along with Tim Holtz.  Took a few days and a bit of rummaging in my old sewing supplies, but I like the way it came out.  I tried the porcelain flowers technique with my Melting Pot and UTEE, but I didn't like how my little flowers came out.  That is sometthing I'll have to try again some other time.  I'm liking the flatter tag better I think.  It's got some embellishments that give it depth...but not so big and heavy that they overpower the tag.  I used pattern paper from an old pattern and a couple of sewing related stamps by Just For Fun.  I dug out my old Dymo label maker for the quote.

 Hope I can get my CC2 Challenge #6 tag done before Thursday night's deadline.  My first attempt was a disaster.  Just don't flip this tag over and look at the back!!  I hated to waste a good tag, so I yanked off the grungeboard embellishments I had put on it and smoothed it all off and flipped it over to use the backside to make this tag. 

Well, it's time to call it a night.  Tomorrow is my long day, so I won't be home till late and most likely won't have much time to play.  Here's to hoping that my Muse plays nice on Thursday night so I can get my CC2 tag done before the deadline!

Comments

Creatique Candy said…
I Love your Tag Anna it is very very nice! The colors are so inspirational & adore your dynamo sentiment. I'm wanting to try my hat at the enamel flowers. ;) HUGS
Winnie said…
Awesome tag. I love the sentiment you used and the swatch of material you used is great too.
Linda said…
Lovely tag. Great colours and the little piece of fabric is a nice touch. xx

Popular posts from this blog

I Sing the Song of my People...

Tim Holtz -Tag Tags of 2013

Mixing it Up loves Cottonwood Arts