Yoga Tree


...a Little Mind Yoga

Needed some "me" time today so I decided to do a little playing with my alcohol inks.  The brand I used today are the Brea Reece alcohol inks by Memento.  I used Lavender, Mustard, Olive Green and Ocean Green (not pictured) on Yupo paper.

I also used Pinata Brass and 91% alcohol along with USArtQuest Duo adhesive and Heidi Swapp foil in champagne.


I started out playing with the inks with no real plan in place other than experimenting with just the Brea Reese inks and alcohol.  I didn't use any blending solution or extender today.  I just added dots of color and alcohol and blew them around with my airbrush...pushing the color out and in until I was pleased.  I put a good sized drop of the Ocean Green ink (which is really quite blue) and then contained it by putting a medicine bottle cap over it to keep it within a circle while I played with the yellow and green around it and removed it when I was done and let it all dry

Once the alcohol ink was almost dry and had a few sticky spots I put some Heidi Swapp foil in champagne over the whole piece and then pulled it off, leaving a bit of foil throughout the sticky spots.  

I used a tiny q-tip from the model section at hobby lobby to add some USArtQuest Duo adhesive dots and trails and let them dry before putting the foil piece back down.  This gave the dots a bit of dimension.  I followed up with tiny dots of Pinata brass using the other end of the q-tip.  



I used Hobby Lobby's Master's Touch black acrylic with A Colorful Life Designs Yoga Tree stencil and used Stencil Ease repositionable Spray Adhesive on the back of the stencil to make it tacky so it would stay in place and not let paint under the stencil.  I pounced the paint on with a Tim Holtz ink blender and foam.

Once I had the Yoga Tree stenciled on I went in and added a few more dots of texture with Pinata Brass.



Loving this piece so much!  I'm going to have to find a mat and a frame as it is much too big to make into a card.

Hope you are getting a chance to get inky this weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Sing the Song of my People...

Tim Holtz -Tag Tags of 2013

Mixing it Up loves Cottonwood Arts