More Alcohol Ink and Stencil Play


Lifting Ink Through a Stencil


Spent some more time playing with alcohol inks with no particular design in mind, so I had quite a stack of backgrounds and I figured I should at least put them to good use.  Although they are fun to look at just as they are!  

The first piece I used was mostly greens and blues with a bit of gold foiling.  


I used the Concentric Circles stencil by A Colorful Life Designs and Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink Blending Solution to lift the color from the card.  


I got a little heavy handed when putting the Blending Solution on my Tim Holtz Mini Application Tool.  OOPS! 

After lifting the stencil I saw that it ran under the stencil a good bit but I kind of liked the effect so I just went with it.  I used a paper towel to dab and polish off the extra Blending Solution.


I like how the gold foiling highlighted the concentric rings of color between the circles.  I found a crow with crown image in Cricut Design Space and cut it out of a very dark blue cardstock and used foam tape to mount it to my background and making sure to place the center circles of the background to look like a sun shining behind its back. 


It still needed a bit more pop, so I used gold Nuvo Drops to add little accents to the background and to the crow with gold for his eye and for the tips of its crown. I mounted it on a dark blue card base from the same paper as the crow and called it done.


I love how this card turned out!!

Lost in the 60s Again!

For the next card, I decided to jump back into the 60s again.  I started with a piece of Yupo paper where I had mopped up leftover orange alcohol ink off my Glass Media Mat.  

I had been having fun playing with lots of ink and my mat had lots of orange inked dried on it where it had dripped off the edges of the Yupo paper as I played.  I dribbled alcohol into the dried ink and then smooshed a piece of Yupo paper down onto the puddle to pick up all the orange ink...and a tad of brown and whatever was left on my mat and set it aside to dry.


I then used the Groovy Flower Mask at A Colorful Life Designs and placed it over the background and followed the same technique as the card above.  This is what it looked like after I removed the mask. 

I looked through Cricut Design Space and found some record images and great 60s shapes and music notes, etc., next thing you know I was reliving the 60s again!  I mounted the images with Art Glitter Glue as well as some little groovy black flowers and mounted to a black mat and then a white card base.

It's so Groovy!


Hope you've enjoyed peaking in on my creative process.  There will be more coming up because I still have a big stack of alcohol ink backgrounds.

If you drop by, leave a note to say hi and a link to your blog so I can visit yours!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Sing the Song of my People...

Tim Holtz -Tag Tags of 2013

Mixing it Up loves Cottonwood Arts