WOYWW # 201

What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday?

As usual I am running late in the day posting my WOYWW!!
Crazy busy day with 3 different doctor and dentist appointments for kids, 
plus working at my day job for me.
Be sure and stop on over at Julia's Stamping Ground for What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday
and check out all the fun of having a peek at what is on everyone's work desk!
Here is what is sitting on mine tonight.

I had to take my daughter to the dentist this afternoon, 
so while I was waiting I pulled out my Gelatos and journal.

I'm taking Kat McBride's "Let's Paint! Fabulous Faces" and wanted to see what I could 
do with just what I had on hand at the time.
I started with a page that had a bit of yellow acrylic 
where I had cleaned my brush when I was working on another project.
I finger blended the hair and face and set in the lips all with my fingers.

I used some Pitt pens and Big Brush pens to start the eyes.
 I've got to let these dry and heat set them, so that I can continue to layer with Pitt pens and other mediums and complete her lips and eyes and do her nose, etc....

I have to go to JoAnns or Michaels to pick up the Americana paint colors that I don't have before I can work with acrylics using the method that Kat is teaching, 
but I couldn't resist having a go at it with my Gelatos.


Comments

Dainty Diva said…
Glad you made it #21
Jackie said…
You sound a busy mom so it's good your taking a class for you ....well done on a balance !!!!great you fit in time to do your artwork it's looking good
Jackie 3
Gill Edwards said…
fabulous painting, the colours are so scrummy. Love the blue hair in particular.

Gill x #118
Anonymous said…
Hi, Anna, I like the face you are working on -- glad you were able to fit in some creative time during your busy day. Thanks for visiting me! I've found a low stress way to do Project Life -- I only do one "side" of a page protector a week. Lots of folks do a double spread every week and I *know* I wouldn't be able to keep that up.
Lunch Lady Jan said…
Wellmdonemformfitting in crafting into your daily routine!! Love the bright colours you've used....we need some of those here..it's been dreary grey winter for too long now :)
Thanks for dropping by my blog!
Hugs, LLJ 35 xxxx
Hi Anna. Oh, dear, sharing the family space with your craft studio...they need to move out! Making use of waiting time for art is brilliant. I keep a little notebook and slim marker which I'll occasionally pull out. Lovely job with your portrait. Charlotte #124
trisha too said…
Aren't gelatos wonderful fun? (And I'm pretty much always late with my woyww!)

Thank you for your comment on my stamp, wow, I'd love to dig through that box of ones you've made for some inspiration--you could show ussome on woyww next week!

:)trisha
#142 this week
fabulous face, I am taking her class too but been too busy to look at it yet! Hopefully this weekend.
Stitching Lady said…
Thank you for commenting on my stitching. How interesting the name of your daughter: Anna Leisa. It is probable like that when English speaking people pronounce my name.
Stitching Lady said…
And I like your portrait -the blue hair is just so good! You are doing very well.
Stitching Lady said…
How nice to read about your names!
Love
Anneliese

Popular posts from this blog

I Sing the Song of my People...

Tim Holtz -Tag Tags of 2013

Mixing it Up loves Cottonwood Arts