Until...people



I got this awesome Paws stencil from the March release at A Colorful Life Designs and knew I had the perfect stamp to go with it.  

I just love this peaking cat from kaztelkraft called Ignace Les gros chats!


So I gathered my supplies and started to play...

Paws stencil, Fossilized Amber Distress Ink and the cute peeking cat stamp.  
I started out with Cougar Opaque Cover 80# Card from Marcos Paper and blended the distress ink on my cardstock using a makeup brush that I got from Amazon.  These brushes make blending so easy!

  I put more color in the center of my card and blended out lighter around the edges.  





After stamping Ignace the cat on a separate piece of the same cardstock, I grabbed a brush and used the same Fossilized Amber Distress Ink to watercolor the cat and wall.  I used Brushed Corduroy and Antique Linen Distress inks to add a bit of brown to Ignace the cat.  
  
I fussy cut down the edge of the wall and the cat so that I could pop it up with foam tape, but before mounting it to the background I stamped the cat on the background where I wanted to mount the watercolored layer.  (forgot to take a picture of this step)

I didn't color that image of the cat, as I only needed it to show the little hairs sticking out from his body that couldn't be fussy cut.  

After mounting the cat layer, I dug through my stash of cardstock and found the perfect color to match the Fossilized Amber Distress Ink.
...as my cardstock stash has been built over many years, I have no idea of the brand or color name.

I layered my stamped and stenciled layer to a slightly larger layer of the orange/yellow cardstock and mounted them to a Pre-Folded Plain Card base of 80# Cougar Opaque Cover also from Marcos Paper.

I thought Ignace looked a bit perturbed...so I dug through my Tim Holtz chat stickers and found this one in the Snarky set.  I mounted it to a strip of the orange/yellow cardstock and then used foam tape to mount it to the card.
Perfect!!

Some days I feel the same, and I'm sure a lot of you can relate!


I hope you enjoy this card and tutorial and be sure and check out the awesome stencils from 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Sing the Song of my People...

Tim Holtz -Tag Tags of 2013

Mixing it Up loves Cottonwood Arts