Getting Inky tonight!

Decided I needed to get a bit inky tonight, so I dug out my stamps and inks and FINALLY got to work on my March Tag for the 12 Tags of 2012 that Tim Holtz is doing on his blog. 
It's already half way through the month, and I'm looking forward to seeing what he does for April.

...here is the tag that Tim did and posted for March.


I didn't have a woodgrain stamp for my tag...so I started digging through my stamps to see what I could find, and found a wonderful oversized stamp by Stamp Out Cute that I've had for years. 
I think it made the perfect background for the butterfly

I can't say that I'm really in love with the butterfly, but I was trying his mosaic technique.  Don't know that I'll use it again on anything as it really isn't my style...but it does look pretty good once you get all the bits and pieces on the tag.  I actually made two butterflies but there was only room for one on the card, so I'll have to figure out something to do with the other one.

I actually got into my stash and USED my Tim Holtz Idealogy Foliage metal flowers and leaves.
Now I need to find a cute way to display all the fun tags I've been making.  I've got a picture tree on my desk at work and for now I think I'm going to take them there where I can enjoy them each day.

So....here is my card .....

You can check out Tim's blog here...it's always full of inspiration!

 Well, it's time to call it a night.  I've got a busy weekend ahead, and a night out tomorrow night with my hubby.  We are going to go see a friend and listen to her music at a local Bistro tomorrow night!  Yea for date nights!!

Comments

Sunshine Girl said…
Love your tag - the mosaics are fussy but effective arent they. Thanks for commenting on my blog and enjoy your night out :)
Your butterfly is outstanding!!!! I love the tulip behind it as well. Very nice!
April said…
Beautiful tag! You did a wonderful job!
Love the tag! I'm on the fence about the butterfly because I'm not so crazy about that motif [I went through a heavy duty butterfly overdose period] but the rest is great!

Popular posts from this blog

I Sing the Song of my People...

Tim Holtz -Tag Tags of 2013

Mixing it Up loves Cottonwood Arts