ICAD #5

Owl

I had a couple of busy weeks and have fallen a bit behind on my ICADs, but it's all good because I finally had a chance to play in my watercolors today.

For ICAD #5 I pulled out my Winsor and Newton Watercolor Palette and some Twinkling H2Os and my little watercolor block.  
I'm enjoying practicing and building my sketching and watercolor skills.
I masked my little owl and tree branches and started layering watercolor washes in shades of blue for the night sky and shades of yellow for the moon.


After that layer dried, I started layering in darker blues and blue black for the night sky.


Then I let that dry and started with the dark greens and blue greens and giving the illusion of leaves in the moonlit night.


A bit more layering of colors and it's starting to take shape.


Now to let it dry so I can rub off the masking and add color to the branches and the owl.


Next I peeled off the masking fluid so I can add color to the limbs of the tree and finish up the moon.
I left the little owl masked for now.  He will be the last thing I paint.


Don't these colors look pretty!!!  


I might have gone a bit too far.
But I was having too much fun!!


I painted in the owl...added a bit of doodling and edging and I think I LIKE it!!


I hope you've enjoyed my step out pictures!!
Feel free to leave me a comment and let me know you stopped by!




Comments

Unknown said…
I love it and thank you for showing how you did each step!!
SandeeNC said…
I love it, you did a fabulous job, so looking forward to our time together at the beach!

Popular posts from this blog

I Sing the Song of my People...

Tim Holtz -Tag Tags of 2013

Mixing it Up loves Cottonwood Arts