Art Journal Fun
Took a little challenge on one of my facebook groups to use a painting by Donna Downey for inspiration. It involved creating a background and then covering most of it up with black.
THAT was the hardest part...covering up all the pretty colors and paint layers on the back ground.
Here is a picture of the completed page.
...and then some of the process.
(WARNING - PICTURE LADEN POST!)
I started by applying layers of acrylic with an old credit card.
Then I started adding more colors using stencils.
...then a bit of stamping.
Then I dug out some rub-ons and scattered them on the page.
It needed some more pop, so I used the tip of my finger and added some bright red circles.
Some doodling and dots and little bees..
(Although the bees don't really show once it's finished.)
Decided on circle and flower placement...
Then I started adding black paint. I didn't didn't like the stark edges of the black against the color, so I grabbed extra fine line black and white Montana Paint Markers and added some sketchy lines around each circle.
Then I added a couple more rub-ons and started laying in the flower.
LOVE how it turned out!!!