PaperArsty 3UP Challenge

Hi everyone!  Finally had time to check in and give a short update here on my blog.  School started back a couple of weeks ago, and life has been hectic getting everyone back into the school routine. 

Although I haven't been posting on my blog, it doesn't mean that I haven't been at my art desk. 
I've made quite a few Birthday Cards and Get Well Cards this month, but didn't slow down to take pictures before I sent them on their way.

I also joined in with PaperArsty 3UP Challenge  on the PaperArtsy Blog.  

Every participant was sent a little bundle of goodies to use.
Included in my package was their Nut and Meg 7 stamp set.




As the little elf didn't have a body...this proved to me a bit of a challenge.  
For the first piece I used the small Hanging Chunky Board that was also included in my package.  

The package also included a color swatch that we were supposed to use so that all the projects posted the same day would coordinate.  Our color swatch was Toad Hall and Sage and Claret and Rose.  
As I don't have any Fresco Paints yet, I rifled through my stash and found paints, and inks and Copics in the same color shades.  

As my stamps were Christmas stamps, it felt a bit funny working on Christmas projects with the temperatures here in Florida running in the high 90s.  

I love how this one turned out and I can't wait to use 
this little hanging elf tag on my Christmas tree this year!


Then I decided to pull out my art journal and create a Winter Wonderland!
Lots and lots of paints, inks, stencils and patterned papers went into this page!  


I used Snow-Tex from Deco-Arts to create a big fluffy snow storm.  
As my elf didn't have a body I had to create my own for this piece.  
A little bit of patterned paper and some coloring with Copic Markers and I had a 
little elf is peeking out from behind Santa's Workshop!


Well, I'm off to clean up my messy art desk!  
Be sure and hop on over to the PaperArtsy Blog and see what everyone else has been up to!





Comments

craftimamma said…
Two wonderful projects for the #3up challenge. Love your beautiful colouring!

Hugs
Lesley Xx
Marita Soutar said…
They're both gorgeous. SO cute. I LOVE it.

Popular posts from this blog

I Sing the Song of my People...

Tim Holtz -Tag Tags of 2013

Mixing it Up loves Cottonwood Arts